Sunday, December 6, 2015

It's A No For Me

There are just a few things that a wedding should not have, things a bride and groom should not do and things that should not be expected from guests. Here they are:

1) Please do not have the wedding reception in a hall with purple light. Please.

2) Dear guests, don't wear white. Even if the bride isn't SUPER specific on it, don't do it.

3) Don't have a cash bar; let you guests have fun.

4) Have the actually wedding and reception right after each other. Don't make your guests wait.

5) Don't go crazy with the DIY. I'm sure your super crafty and what not but it's not shunned upon to buy a couple things. Also, super stressful on yourself.

6) Do NOT forget to eat! Things may seem more important than food on your wedding day but like...they're not.

7) Wear water-proof mascara. You're welcome.

8) At the reception, go around to every table and every guest to thank them for coming. My cousin didn't do that at her wedding and it turned into this whole stupid family feud thing.

9) For your first dance, pick a song that has some type of meaning or relation to you and your husbands life. Not just one of Ed Sheeran's newest hits.

10) I just asked my cousin what the 10th "don't" of a wedding should be and he said, "don't wear cam." So, don't do that I guess.

You're Welcome.

3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! When I get married I'll definitely use this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Weddings seem to be so stressful that people forget the basics. I especially like the one about not just picking an Ed Sheeran song because its Ed Sheeran, so true

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of me enjoys this blog because you have a lot of passion and fascination with weddings and the different aspects that go into making it great, but the other part of me is wondering why you are so obsessed with weddings? Especially nowadays where people put more effort into the wedding than into the actual marriage itself, I think this is a cute blog but could also put marriage on a pedestal that isn't exactly something that should be a girl's number one goal in life. Ugh, it's hard to make a negative comment on this, but I had to think of something. Anyway, I just feel as though the emphasis on getting married, just to have a beautiful wedding, a nice dress, really downplays the reality that comes after the big day. Every situation is different but it is especially weird that girls are excepted to aspire to marriage way more than boys. Maybe even post some types of non-traditional wedding ideas to change it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete